While it was tough at first, I have come to absolutely LOVE exploring the world of makeup and skincare from a fungal acne perspective. In fact, my current favorite past-time is checking the ingredients in various skincare and makeup lines to see which products are safe for those of us with malassezia folliculitis. Can’t think of a better way to use my spare time in quarantine, honestly! ?
Wait, What is Fungal Acne (Malassezia Folliculitis)?
If you’re not sure what malassezia folliculitis (aka fungal acne) is, or if you have it, I have a ton of great resources on my blog to help you figure it out.
I’ve also written 2 blog posts and filmed an entire Youtube video about my 17+ year journey with severe acne – severe acne that I wasn’t ever able to heal until I discovered fungal acne in 2019!
- My 17+ Year Struggle with Severe, Cystic, Itchy, Adult, Hormonal Acne
- The Secret to Clearing my Stubborn Cystic Acne
- Watch My Acne Story on Youtube
The Challenge of Fungal Acne
When I first found out I had fungal acne, I was equal parts relieved and depressed.
Relieved because I finally had a solution and a formula for how to get clear skin. And I’m not just talking about acne. Following a fungal-acne-safe routine has also helped me clear up horrible eczema rashes on my lips, neck, arms, and hands.
But I was also a bit depressed when I learned about malassezia folliculitis. Why? Because I’m a HUGE beauty lover. I love Sephora, Ulta, Beauty Gurus on Youtube, and buying up all the latest hype products in the makeup and skincare world.
My new knowledge told me I was going to have to give up most of my beloved products in favor of new products with ingredients that wouldn’t feed the fungus.
Shopping for new products with safe ingredients sounds like fun.. until you find out how limited your fungal-acne-friendly options actually are.
Here are some of the products I’ve discovered so far:
- Everything in the Sephora Collection safe for Fungal Acne
- Amazing Products by The Ordinary safe for Fungal Acne
- Everything by bareMinerals safe for Fungal Acne
And today, I am tackling the ULTA Collection line of products to find out what is and isn’t fungal acne safe!
Don’t Know Which Products are Safe?
Clueless when it comes to picking fungal-acne-safe products off the shelves at Walmart & Target?
With my fungal acne friendly shopping lists, you’ll be able to pick out skincare & makeup products with complete confidence.
Download my FREE Shopping Guides & take them with you to the store!
Simply fill out this form & I’ll send them to your inbox!
Ulta Collection Makeup that’s Safe for Fungal Acne ?
- HD Setting Powder
- Finishing Powder* in all 10 shades
- *Contains one unverified ingredient: Hydrogenated Lecithin
- Mineral Setting Powder*
- *Contains one unverified ingredient
- Harry Potter X Ulta Beauty Lumos Face & Body Shimmer *limited edition
- Flushed Blush*
- *Contains 2 unverified ingredients
- Sunkissed Mini Face Trio – all 3 shades in the palette are safe!
- Everyday Faves Eyeshadow Palette*
- *This palette contains 12 eyeshadow shades, but only 7 of them are safe: Working Girl, Daisy Dream, Mocha Latte, Five O’Clock, Daydream, Gal Pal, & Chocolate Kiss
- Sunset Skies Eyeshadow Palette*
- *This palette contains 12 eyeshadow shades, but only 7 of them are safe: Smolder, After Glow, Dusk, Deep Horizon, Ember, Half Light & Sun Drenched
- Classic Felt Tip Liner in black or brown
- Classic Brush Tip Liner in black
- Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
- Brow Pomade in all 5 colors
- Glitter Eye Top Coat in all 4 colors
- Brow Primer & Conditioner
- Velvet Matte Lip Crayon* in all 12 shades
- *Contains 2 unverified ingredients: Isododecane & Synthetic Wax
- Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover*
- *Contains 3 unverified ingredients
Ulta Collection Skincare that’s Safe for Fungal Acne ?♀️
- Charcoal Nose Strips
- 24K Magic Rose Gold Metallic Peel Off Mask*
- *Contains several unverified ingredients, use with caution
- 24K Magic Gold Metallic Peel Off Mask
- D.I.Y. Hydrating Customizable 3 Piece Kit*
- *Only the Botanical Booster Drops & the Powder-to-Cream Clay Mask are safe. The polishing grains are not safe for fungal acne.
Feeling Stuck When It Comes to Clearing Your Fungal Acne?
When I first found out I had fungal acne, it took me months of research to figure out what I could & couldn’t use. And I still made mistakes!
The resources I found online didn’t have the answers I needed, so I had to be my own guinea pig.
And now that I’ve done all the work, I want to share it with you!
If you’re feeling confused and want the straightforward information, products, and skincare routines I used to treat & clear my fungal acne, I’ve created the From Fungal Acne to Clear Skin Guide just for you.
Ulta Collection Suncare that’s Safe for Fungal Acne ☀️
- Bronze Glow Self Tanning Glow by Morning Gradual Tan Drops
- Bronze Glow Self Tanning Tinted Mousse*
- *Contains a few unverified ingredients, use with caution
- Self Tanning Express Tan Tinted Mousse
Ulta Collection Bath & Body that’s Safe for Fungal Acne ?
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Rainbow Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Cloud Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Diamond Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Cactus Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Moon Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Star Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Fruit Wedge Bath Bomb
- WHIM by Ulta Beauty Lightning Bolt Bath Bomb
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils* **
- *PURE Essential Oils – bear in mind that essential oils require a carrier oil to dilute them, and these products are not intended to be applied directly to the skin.
- **NONE OF THE Essential Oil ROLLERBALLS or OIL BLENDS are safe because they contain argan oil as a carrier, which is not safe for malassezia folliculitis.
* Ulta has tons and tons and tons and tons of body washes & lotions – but a quick scan of ingredients revealed the usual suspects – shea butter, hydrogenated castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil.. none of these ingredients are safe for fungal acne.
Spread the Word About Fungal Acne
Be sure to leave a comment with your current favorite makeup that is fungal acne safe! Do you use anything from the ULTA Collection – and what do you think of it?
I’m always curious to learn more about how other people have treated & cleared their fungal acne. And when you share – it helps everyone who reads this blog or watches my Youtube Channel get clear skin faster!
So what are you waiting for? Hop in the comments & spill the tea!
Found this article helpful? Share it with the world & help me on my mission to prove that clear skin + amazing makeup can coexist.
Pin this Image to Pinterest: